Well it's about time! This one took a while . . .
Too many prototypes, too many trashed canopies, design revisions and many test flights.
Jon Rocket will have them today (Saturday), Apogee will have kits in a few days.
Thanks for your patience, I think this one is worth the wait!
I recently bought a small vacuum forming machine for the F-16 clear canopies.
Getting the best thickness of plastic, finding the correct temperature and the right moment to turn on the vacuum takes some time - and trashed canopies!
Here's twenty I made yesterday afternoon. On the lower right is a cut and ready finished canopy.
The F-16 kit will have water slide decals!
I ordered 100 sheets from decalpaper.com. My only gripe was the way they have shipped previous orders, in a plain envelope. The decal paper was folded to fit in my mailbox.
In the comments section of the online order form I asked for the paper to be shipped in a flat box. This is what I received!
I've started work on the Odd'l Rockets F-16 kit instructions. This drawing shows the gluing of the intake scoop on the bottom of the model.
Instructions are really the most time consuming part of kit production. It would also be the most expensive! I'm fortunate to have a background in graphic arts.
My kit instructions are old school and hopefully answer all construction questions during the build.
Work continues on the new F-16 Fighter Fleet kit.
A big hurdle was making a workable clear canopy. I didn't want to go the easy route and include one made of card stock. What really set off the Centuri kit was the clear canopy with the decal details underneath. After many revisions and test flights the real work starts on the instructions.
Here's just a small part of a big kit order from Sirius Rocketry.
All the couplers and tubes in the re-designed Odd'l Break-Away kit are hand cut.
These are longer than the available 1" couplers. At 1 1/4" long the segmented rocket stands straighter on the launcher.
This is only 11 sets from the 25 kit run I put together.
That's a whole afternoon of measuring, sanding and cutting.
I wore out a few razor blades in the process.