Tuesday, August 25, 2015

New Version Of An Older Kit!


Now that it looks like I'll be home for a while, I can concentrate on more products.

There is a good reason why the Odd'l Rockets Break-Away kit was out of production.
I was using ST-10 tubing  it's much stronger than the current BT-50 tubes. That last order of ST-10 tubes that had thinner walls, almost like the BT-50s.
With Semroc's future unsure (before it was sold) I had to find a stronger tube source. I ended up going with the BT-50H heavy walled tube.
The new Break-Away diameter a little narrower than before, but not by much.

I came up with a better way to tether the sections without using the short internal plastic lugs.
The couplers will be longer so the model won't be wobbly.
The nose cone is a bit shorter but still retains the parabolic shape.

There are a changes in the design. Odd'l kits are sometimes modified for improvement.
The Break-Away was a good seller and always a hit at club launches.
The model is built and will be test flown soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment